Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Why is 2017 a great year to study Spanish?

Today we were finally back at school and I used the Transparent Language presentation Why 2017 is a great year to learn a language with my Spanish II students. I love this presentation as it gives students wonderful reasons for learning languages this year. They add empathy, tolerance, communication, global citizenship, entrepreneurship and more reasons that most would have never considered. My students were able to write marvelous short essays with the topic, "Why is 2017 a great year to study Spanish?" Had I not discussed this presentation they would have said it fulfills graduation requirements and possibly will help them in their future career. I can't wait to get out my survey to the schools around the world for our Great Global Project Challenge on "Why Should I study a Foreign Language?" I am just waiting on approval of our survey form from one of the collaborators. Spanish III class viewed the "Lo mejor de lo mejor" presentation I discussed on yesterday's blog. They were fascinated that some people apparently eat gold. We also registered all of the class members on the new seesaw.me blog and posted a few items in response to the presentation and concerning Genius Hour. When classes were over today, I felt very at ease and happy with them this semester. They are well behaved and highly motivated. What else could a Spanish teacher wish for?

No comments:

Post a Comment