Thursday, January 5, 2017

First Day With Students

Today I met my Spanish II students for the first time. Most of the Spanish III students were in my class last semester. The first two classes were very quiet and reserved. I was pleasantly surprised about that. Then Spanish III class great as expected, very excited about the Genius Hour project that is to come. Last period of the day was chatty; what do you know? But all of the classes actually did the activities assigned: syllabus/genius hour discussion, New Years Activity, ACTFL "Can do" assessment and their index card introduction. Tomorrow we will start school two hours late due to impending snow. This means my first two classes will not meet at all and will miss the first Genius Hour. But they can do this next Friday. I am very excited about Genius Hour and can't wait to see what they come up with. Game design seems to be big, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment