Monday, January 9, 2017

What to do on a snow day

We are having a snow day today due to icy roads all over our very hilly county. The school buses can't handle these conditions without putting the children in danger. So the question is now what to do on a snow day. Fortunately I live in town so I personally have been able to get out without a problem. Once the temperatures climb above freezing I will probably check to see if the car wash is open to get the grime off my car and also go to the grocery store for a few items. When I heard about the school closing yesterday I was actually sad about it. The semester had begun so well last week and this feels like a break in the momentum. But this is how it goes here every January I suppose. I did make new connection on Edmodo, Ms. Christina de Haro from Spain who has a great blog at https://mflandbeyond.wordpress.com/. I will be using her PowerPoint "Lo mejor de lo mejor" with my Spanish III class this week, probably tomorrow if we have time after the pre-test. It features some of the most extraordinarily priced restaurant dishes in the world. Apparently, some people enjoy eating gold, which dates back 5000 years. I love her video of the dining experience at the most expensive restaurant in the world. It includes a virtual reality experience out of this world. This should lead to a great classroom discussion in Spanish III class. What else to do today? Well, I have been waiting for Alexis Radney and Atholo Carrao to get back to me on our "Why Study a Foreign Language" collaboration survey form. We do need to get the forms out to the participating teachers very soon. I could watch another Indian movie on Netflix, though the one I watched last night had a terrible plot. One thing I can say about Indian movies is that they never seem to have a good ending, but rather leave you completely horrified at the end. Watching the news? I probably will be watching CNN but their repetitive programs get old soon. So what can a teacher do? Probably more school work. I will keep you posted. The 30 day blog challenge continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment