Saturday, January 7, 2017

It's a wonderful life

The snow did finally materialize last night and we have a nice covering, though it doesn't seem like a lot. Around here it can get dangerous with just an inch like that because there could be icing under the snow. Teenagers have been coming out all night to spin in the snow in the middle school parking lot which is visible from my house. They must not sleep at night. School was reassuring yesterday. I was so glad to see that the students are excited about their Genius Hour project in the Spanish III class. Several of the Spanish II students in last period came prepared with laptops and bright ideas even if they could not work of anything since we were dismissed early due to the impending snow situation. I was glad to see my last period class come in very calmly and not as chatty as on the first day. This was mainly due to the absence of a couple of students. One of them dropped the class and the other one transferred to another class period where he will probably share his joyous attitude. So, I have a very upbeat feeling about this semester. I already finished creating my lesson plans on Friday morning for next week, allowing me to sit here very calmly about my life. I must say, all of the planning for school last week really paid off for a peaceful and organized return to school. So, what can I work on this weekend? I was thinking that I need to come up with a way to display the "epic failures" somewhere in my classroom. Each Friday we will post sticky notes with things we tried that didn't work out on there as the Genius Hour progresses. Yes, it's a wonderful life at Sequoyah High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment