Friday, March 9, 2018

Spring is Near- why is it so cold?

It's almost Spring time, though really cold here this week in East Tennessee. I love our chapter 4 in Así se dice, El restaurante. I have a fantastic StudyStack, Quizlet set, Boss Battle, and a Padlet to get students to order food at a Spanish-speaking restaurant. We tried out some of that today and it was really enjoyable. Hopefully, they will be familiar enough with the words by Tuesday and Wednesday of next week when the observers for accreditation come to visit. I am kind of excited to show off what we can do actually. I am planning on doing the PowerTeach lesson on the board, the Padlet to have students post their favorite foods and restaurants in Spanish, then play a few StudyStack games followed by an imaginary restaurant scene where one student plays the role of the waiter/waitress and students order off a Mexican Restaurant menu in Spanish. I am looking forward to finishing the school year strong. Just a couple more months with my seniors. Their last day is May 11. I will truly miss this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment