Saturday, March 24, 2018

Spring Break

We finally made it to Spring Break. I was a hectic Friday, but we did it. So now the question is what to do for Spring Break. I have no plans except for my Monday night class. The rest of the week is wide open. When we return to school it will be April. Seems like this year is already coming to an end. We had a wonderful teacher PD the other day which was actually appreciated by the participants. We gave them some great ideas on how to teach their standards having more fun, specifically with some innovative game ideas. I used these myself in my classes yesterday and all went great in 1st and 2nd periods. Then in 3rd, they got tired of this and the last 10-15 minutes were a struggle. I was so exhausted by 5th that we only did one game. I guess the students need a break just like we teachers do. So I will try to re-charge over the break and then finish the year strong. At least that is the plan. Tomorrow is the final day of my Dave Ramsey financial peace university class. I am proud to say that I was able to save a couple of 1000 Dollars and pay off a couple of $1000 on my car during the nine week course. This is definitely progress, that much closer to being able to retire from teaching. Estimated date of retirement is December 4, 2019, unless I feel so super excited about teaching still at that time. You never know, especially with the upcoming German class.

No comments:

Post a Comment