Saturday, March 17, 2018

Identity Crisis on the Horizen

So this week brought a few surprises for me. I have taught nothing but Spanish for the past 28 some years except for a little Upward Bound class of German last summer. On Thursday, my guidance counselor emailed me asking if I would be interested in teaching a French class. I couldn't believe it. After all of those years. How? Why? I immediately responded with a resounding "yes" and added that I am also certified to teach German, by the way. Next thing I know they are putting on social media that sophomores and juniors could sign up in guidance. By Friday morning we had enough for a German class and about 12 for the French. I am certain their list has grown since then. They told me that German is definitely on, and French could also be offered as long as the Spanish numbers allow for it. Pretty sure they do actually. I am so happy that my department head supports this and even had her students create wonderfully beautiful posters to post in the halls. I just love her. Interestly enough, many of those on the German list had already taken Spanish from me. So the German or French class will be their 2nd foreign language. We are really moving up in the world if all of this comes together. Well life as a teacher, you never know what comes next. May the new adventure begin. Oh, and last night's Spanish Honor Society Initiation Ceremony was out of this world as well.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, Ruth. Congratulations! You are awesome. I wish I was your student, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete